Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Years Day

I called Danny from Lombok Family in the morning and arranged for him to pick me up tomorrow morning to take me to Bangsal Harbour where I'll catch the public boat to the Gili's. Despite my previous misgivings, I have to say that Danny has come through with flying colors and has been great to deal with. I'll be adding my two cents to Foursquare once the trip is over.
The newly christened Pedro the Cactus (thank you Amanda) and I met with Claire and Bill at Cafe Alberto and we had a few snacks. The Tortilla Rosmarine, (home-made rosemary tortillas) and salsa were particularly nice. Then who should turn up but Sammi Walsh, *fresh* from nuptial celebrations. I spoke of Coco Beach in such glowing terms that we decided not to eat at Alberto's but head out to Coco's instead.
With some souvenir shopping to do first, I guided them to the Asmara Collection, but it wasn't what they were after so we headed to the Art Market. While they checked out the goodies I headed down to the beach where there was a bit of breeze and watched the local kids play in the surf.
Then it was off to Coco's and a feast of fried fish and chicken and sago leaf curries with Potato Coco and Zucchini in Tomato Relish (Oh! that zucchini was [baldilicious, fragalicious? - I forget the word], good pick Sammi), with vegetable and tofu fritters, Bintangs and MANS TEA. The bill came to just over AUS$10 each.
Then it pissed down with rain and we got a taxi back. The end.
What a great start to the New Year.











3 comments:

  1. That food looks divine. And your gorgeous daughter looks diviner. x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is indeed divine. I think the word was 'amazeballs', (for the food, not Claire).

    ReplyDelete