Monday, January 7, 2013

Bali Buda

Back in the Bali Buda with a 'Beat the Heat' - beetroot, cucumber, celery and parsley, and a slice of 'Heavenly Chocolate Mousse Cake'. I love this cafe.
On my way here I pass the markets and more than half of them are gone! It's now a major construction site with two huge hotels being built.
I called Danny today to arrange for the car to take me to Denpasar but he had bad news. He is in the hospital in Mataram. His car is '90% broken', he has a 'broken leg and hand' and 'blood coming out of his head'. He had had a crash the day before he picked me up at Senggigi too, a motorcycle had crashed into the side of his (other) van. He was always a distracted driver, constantly talking on his phone whilst driving. So much so, that the other passenger with us from the drive from Kuta-Lombok (he was going to the airport), had exhorted him several times to 'not kill anyone' before he was dropped off at the airport. He sounded very miserable, not at all like his usual happy-go-lucky self. I wished him well and a speedy recovery. As a consequence I've had to make other arrangements and booked a car to take me to the airport tomorrow at 5:30PM at the cost of 250,000 rupiah. Well out of pocket on this whole 'open ticket' thing. C'est la vie.







No comments:

Post a Comment